Welcome to Riverside!
Whether you are studying, doing research or working here, there should always be spare time to relax, re-energize and have some fun! Entertainment and taking a break are key ingredients for successful results at work or school. Riverside has lots to offer; sightseeing, adventure, good food, and more!
Riverside is a fast growing city considered one of the top cities to live in the US. Riverside locals love where they live, and these are some of the most popular attractions:
- UCR Botanic Gardens – 40 acres of gardens, over 10,000 plants and 4 miles of trails. Located at UCR’s east side campus. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2BF5OHp
- Mission Inn Museum – Beautifully decorated during the Christmas holidays. This museum holds years and years of Southern California’s heritage. Is a must visit to learn more about the area. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2ArmYb8
- Fox Performing Arts Center – See your favorite musicians, comedians and actors here. Built in a Spanish Colonial style back in 1929. This venue keeps being one of the most popular attractions for locals and tourists in Riverside. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2jEvQ5p
Don’t let the season fool you! You can enjoy a nice day at the beach year round here, just bring a light jacket. There are so many beaches to visit around the area, these are some of our favorites:
- 1000 steps Beach – Don’t worry, you don’t have to go down 1000 steps, only about 300. But it’s worth it! This place is known for having one of the best sunset views, so don’t miss it. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2BADnub
- Newport Beach – Enjoy a walk along the famous pier, a frozen banana, and a beautiful sunset any day at Newport. If you are a fan of the ‘03 popular show THE OC, this is a must see destination. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2Ano4Vx
- Corona del Mar Beach – During the day, this beach is perfect for splashing in the ocean and taking scenic pictures. During the night, this beach is perfect for bonfires with your friends. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2ALtWuH
Take your inner-child for some fun at any of these entertainment parks. We promise that you won’t regret it!
- Castle Park – Fun for every age! This amusement park has it all: the sky rider, roller coasters, water rides, the sea dragon, and more! All these at only a 15-minute ride from school. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AQjbqV
- Van Buren Drive-in theatre – Drive-in theatres is something everyone should do at least one time in their lives. Eating popcorn with your friends in the car or on the ground while watching an outdoor movie under the starred sky. Sounds perfect. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2nmktUy
- The Cove Water Park – Unfortunately only opened from May through September. If you are visiting Riverside on this time frame you must visit The Cove. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2BtOG6o
These shopping malls have it all! Affordable, high-end, food, and fun. You will find anything you need here while enjoying a nice walk.
- Main Street Pedestrian Mall – Walk around downtown Riverside at their Pedestrial Mall. Many shops, restaurants and stands to choose from. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2iclgSR
- Canyon Crest Towne Center – Dining and shopping outdoors. Great for a place with nice weather like Riverside. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AFjLaq
- Galleria at Tyler – 200 stores that go from shoes to electronics. This might be the place you find everything you need. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2nn6dLj
For those weekends when you feel like going away, you don’t have to go that far! Riverside is located in the Inland Empire, close to these amazing destinations. Just pack a small bag, get your friends and let the fun begin!
- San Diego – It’s so close to Riverside, yet so amazing, so it deserves a whole weekend. Visit California’s birthplace at Old Town or the famous beaches near La Jolla. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2Br4qXY
- Las Vegas – What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! This city is known for the infinite options for fun and the incredible live shows. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2iahIAw
- Big Bear Lake – This mountain area is beautiful all year round, especially during the winter. Rent a cottage with your roommates and enjoy a snowboarding or tubing adventure in California. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2Brhk87